milk for growth and development
We grew up drinking a glass of milk before bedtime. I remember our mom telling us over and over how milk will help us grow stronger and healthier. I’m glad that my boys have also adopted this practice and are enjoying this night time treat.
Not all milk products, though, are equal.
With all the brands in the market, it can be overwhelming and confusing to determine which ones are good for us. Thus, we’re grateful to be part of a children’s story book launch last week, where we learned a lot about what to look for when buying milk.
What to look for in your milk?
Moms like us give our youngsters milk because we believe this provides the added calcium and protein they need. But did you know that the calcium in milk brands with less natural dairy may not be easily absorbed by the body? There are also milk products filled with additives and substitutes that simply do not deliver.
Now, let me share how we were taught to read the label.
How can milk help our body?
Milk should be closest to its natural form. So, if the carton says it is from 100% milk, the sole ingredient should be 100% milk. An excellent example is any milk brand with the Real California Milk seal.
Real California Milk products are produced from wholesome dairy from 100% Real California Milk. But that’s not all; these dairy farms from the Golden State are also at the forefront of the effort to create a cleaner, more sustainable future. That’s a win-win and a wonderful cause to support!
A serving of California milk means getting the many essential nutrients the body needs, including:
- 25% daily value of calcium which our body needs to build and maintain strong bones and teeth.
- 20% daily value of Pantothenic Acid, which helps our body use carbohydrates, fats, and protein for fuel.
- 20% daily value of Phosphorus to help build and maintain strong bones and teeth, and support tissue growth.
- 30% daily value of Riboflavin helps our body use carbohydrates, fats, and protein for fuel.
- 16% daily value of Protein helps build and repair tissue and maintain a healthy immune system.
- 50% daily value of Vitamin B12, which helps with normal blood function as well as helps keep the nervous system healthy.
- 15% daily value of Niacin is used in energy metabolism in the body.
- 15% daily value of Vitamin A helps keep our skin and eyes healthy and helps promote growth. Vitamin A also helps us maintain a healthy immune system.
- 10% daily value of Zinc helps maintain a healthy immune system and helps support average growth, development, and maintenance of healthy skin.
- 10% daily value of Selenium which helps maintain a healthy immune system. Selenium also helps regulate metabolism and protect healthy cells from damage.
- 60% daily value of Iodine is necessary for proper bone and brain development during pregnancy and infancy. Iodine is also linked to cognitive function in our childhood.
- 10% potassium helps us maintain healthy blood pressure and support heart health. Potassium also helps regulate body fluid balance and maintain normal muscle function.
- 15% daily value of Vitamin D helps build and maintain strong bones and teeth. Vitamin D also helps maintain a healthy immune system.
Why do my boys love Real California Milk?
My boys and I love California Sunshine Milk the best! It’s so delicious, they drink it any time of day. It is also best for our cereals and champorado (chocolate rice porridge). We even use our milk in our cooking and baking.
We urge you to get a copy of “Ang Natatagong Lakas ni Bulas Gatas”, the first story book by Olympic Nutrition Coach Jeaneth Aro. It will help you and your kids better understand the wonderful benefits of drinking REAL milk. It’s only P250 per copy, and a percentage will go to a Milk Feeding Program for young athletes. If interested, call 0919-6767840.
#Sponsored #CAdairy #Milk #MilkLover #DairyNutrition #RealCaliforniaMilk #RealCaliforniaMilkPHL #KidsNutrition
Momi Berlin Directory