I got a nomination from a kind soul named Aki. And honestly, I need to google the award as I am not familiar with it.
After a few searches and reads, I felt grateful for such nomination.
The Liebster Award is an online award given to bloggers by fellow bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. It is a fun way to recognize and promote blogs of good standard but with less than 200 followers (on WordPress). This is a nice way to connect and support the blogging community as well as promotes one’s blog. This award works like a chain mail, though. Each recipient, should he wishes to accept the award, needs to follow the rules below:
By the way, Liebster is a German word meaning sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
And to start, I would like to thank Aki of The Learnify for the nomination. Though I have been blogging for years, it is only this year that I give much effort and time to blogging and join some groups. And through that short span of time, I have come to love and admire the following bloggers simply because 1) I see myself in them at times and 2) I often wish I could write just like them. It seems writing is all fun and almost all words they use simply please me. They are so good at writing. And so, I nominate the following for the Liebster Award:
Aki left a few questions for me to answer and I would like to share them with you:
1. If you were trapped on an island for three days, what would you take with you?
Being trapped on an island for three days would then give me time to catch up some sleep so I would be taking with me some comfortable pillows and my favorite blanket. And since my 11-month-old kid is still very dependent on me, I would like to assume he would join me as well.
2. What was your funniest incident ever?
My friends and family would often tell me I tend to forget things and happenings, so perhaps it is safe to say I cannot remember anymore any funny incident. Or I am too embarrassed to share that in my fifth grade, I walked from the school’s comfort room to our classroom with my skirt tucked in my underwear.
3. What is one embarrassing fact I should know about you?
I always pray that my sense of direction would improve even a little if not significantly.
4. How many best friends have you had during your lifetime?
Got only a few best friends and I can count them on the fingers of one hand.
5. If you weren’t here, what would you be doing?
I do not want to entertain the thought of me now being where I am now as I wouldn’t have my four loving boys. Let us just say that if I weren’t at home, I am at the market or supermarket buying food for the boys.
6. What’s the best meal you’ve ever had?
The best I’ve had was a Jollibee one-piece chicken I was not able to eat as my then nine-year-old boy “only tasted” it for me.
7. What is the most childish thing you still do?
I play Monster War and Bump Sheep and Cooking Fever with my 10-year-old boy.
8. What is your favorite dessert?
Almond jelly will always be a favorite.
9. Do you have a favorite computer game?
If Plants vs Zombie is considered as one, then it is my favorite computer game.
10. Blogging – the future or a fad (for you)?
Blogging is not a fad and will never be a fad. It is the future and the now as it emerges as one of the top and most important digital marketing tools that truly deliver results.
11. What are your three favorite colors, and why?
I like green, orange, and pink. Among the three, I love orange the most because I feel not all would wear an orange blouse or buy an orange bag or journal. Orange, same with pink and green, is so refreshing to look at.
Now, 11 random facts about me:
- I am an only child.
- But my mom and dad separated even before I was born. My dad met another girl.
- That union gave me three siblings.
- I still have communications with my dad without my mom knowing it.
- I keep most of my secrets by myself, including this about my dad. But I shared it with you now.
- I had missed abortion last 2013.
- And I always know should I had that pregnancy continued, I now have a girl.
- I live in a house my boys refer as ‘the small house’ and we sometimes spend time in my mom’s place they call ‘the big house.’
- I share the small house with five boys.
- Living in a small house with five boys is both crazy ang challenging.
- But I wouldn’t exchange that fact with anything else.
For the nominees, should they accept the Liebster Award, I would like to ask the following, please:
- How long have you been blogging?
- How has blogging changed you?
- What is your favorite blog post?
- Name at least three bloggers you greatly admire.
- If not writing a blog post, what do you usually do?
- What is your favorite achievement?
- One thing you still hope to achieve in your lifetime.
- Who is your favorite author and what is your favorite book?
- Any purchase you regret the most?
- Who would you switch lives for a day?
- One thing you regularly do.
Again, thank you Aki for the nomination. I greatly appreciate the recognition. I enjoyed answering those questions and I hope the four bloggers I admire the most would do the favor of accepting my nomination. Would love to hear from you –