MOMI SHARES| When your toddler doesn’t want to eat

May 5, 2018 | Live, Only Berlin

MOMI SHARES| When your toddler doesn't want to eat

I have a nearly three-year-old toddler.  This mother thought we will never have issues with feeding him. He always has the appetite to eat almost anything.  Until he became picky all of a sudden.  He would just prefer to have his breastmilk.  This gave me an idea how to keep him healthy despite his disinterest to eat.

Discover what he loves

My son went through the stage when he ate a lot and then moments he hardly ate at all.   I must admit, those times stressed me out.

There is one thing, though, that he can’t refuse: smoothies and juices.  The great thing about smoothies is that you can make it healthy and yet it remains appealing.  Honestly, even his three older brothers would get their own servings as I usually make a smoothie the night before.   Then I learned to make it in the morning and put it in his BB8 sippy cup.  He will have his freshly blend smoothie for breakfast and as much as possible, give him a few spoonfuls of rice and egg.

Aside from smoothies, he likes anything that uses a straw.  I would often pour in his BB8 sippy cup Welch’s 100% juice drink.  Sometimes, it appeals to him, too, to just drink from the small bottle itself.  And then for lunch, I would give him rice with fruit toppings.  He particularly loves grapes.

Discover what’s healthy

Experts recommend 100% fruit juices as healthy complements to whole fruits. While whole fruits are a great source of fiber, 100% fruit juices also carry essential vitamins and minerals needed by the body to function well and prevent many chronic diseases. For instance, 8 ounces of pure fruit juice such as Welch’s 100% grape juice is equivalent to serving a whole cup of fruit.

In fact, drinking 100% fruit juice from grapes may actually provide one with more polyphenols than eating the fruit, without causing weight gain. Making a pure grape juice involves crushing the fruit, including seeds and dark purple skin, which releases more of these nutrients. In addition, pure fruit juice only uses naturally occurring fruit sugars, without any added sugars. More than a decade’s worth of research suggests that 100% grape juice can help support a healthy heart.

Discover what’s good

There came a phase in my toddler’s life that he didn’t like to munch and eat.  But he found comfort and interest in drinking fruit juices and smoothies.  Good thing we’ve found a convenient, nutritious, and delicious way to keep him healthy.   Drinking 100% grape juice complements whole fruit intake by providing essential nutrients and more. Great as well that we’ve got to be introduced to Welch’s.  The brand provides a wide range of healthy juice products that are refreshing to the palate and good for the body in the long term.

I’ve learned as well that at Welch’s, they value family, health, and wellness.  They value what’s real and in sharing what’s good.  The brand has been over 140 years in providing families around the world with products that bring a happy balance of goodness and deliciousness.  All its products are widely available in retail outlets nationwide.  You might want to try them out.

Our toddler loves his Welch’s 100% grape juice iced cold.  I like mine the same way, too.  Now, he loves drinking his Welch’s with a lot of spoonfuls of rice and any ulam.  Glad we were able to survive that stage he didn’t like to eat.  But he retained his love to drink smoothies and fruit juices.  He also loves fruits.  And so we still serve him his cherry, mango, peach, banana, and grapes in bit sizes and smoothie form.  And for his grape juice, we only trust Welch’s.  Oh, now we introduce Welch’s to his younger brother and our SumoSam loves it as well.

MOMI SHARES| When your toddler doesn't want to eat

MOMI SHARES| When your toddler doesn’t want to eat

Momi Berlin Directory

Welch’s Website

17 Comments

1. jplagens

My doctor said to give the toddler the meal again every meal time until they eat it. It worked. I don’t have picked eaters. It was great advice. They just have to develop a taste for things.

2. Victor Step

I see how much my friends sometimes struggle feeding their kids, it’s tough.. I will definitely share this with them. 🙂

3. Joan Cajic

I still struggle with my son being picky at times and refusing some food at times.

4. chefmireille

as a former nursery school chef I found many picky eaters at home did fine at school and the parents would wonder in amazement at the healthy food they would see their kids eating at school. One key is we did not give the kids bland food. People often give kids food with very little seasoning and wonder why they wont eat it Would you? We cooked for kids the same way we cook for ourselves and most of the kids ate everything

• namesstemomma

I love this! Adding a little salt & pepper to things around here often does the trick as well. 🙂

5. Laura

I don’t have a child yet but this surely is interesting. I would share this to my friends whose kids have eating problems.

Laura

6. Sondra Barker

I don’t have any kids yet but this is very informative! Now I know 😉
    xo, Sondra
    Cuisineandtravel.com

7. Andrea

i remember when my brohter was a toddler, he wouldnt eat anything and then force himself to throw up if my mom gave him any food he didnt like. while i myself dont have kids i do remember how tough this was for her.

8. Nik

Beautiful pictures. Great ideas to make toddlers eat food. Will wait for more child care tips 🙂

9. namesstemomma

I keep forgetting about the benefits & easiness of smoothies! My kids LOVE fruit & so smoothies would be such an easy way for me to get them some of the other foods that are less fun. Thanks for the great reminder!

10. CathonKeto Blog

Their eating habits are the end of mothers everywhere! 🙂 And yes, I always sneak handfuls of spinach into smoothies because it has such a mild taste the kids don’t know its in there! 🙂

11. Rachel

Some great tips here for many parents who find this tricky I’m sure!

12. Carrie Liu

Interesting tips! I was a picky eater too when I was little. But now I eat EVERYTHING. Don’t know why I didn’t like food then, haha.

13. Mary Jingjing Mortos Lopez

This might be an issue for me in the future with my little baby but hopefully not. Thanks anyway your tips do make a lot of sense.

14. Jesusa Gilliam

I was a picky eater growing up, I think that’s why my son is so picky! Thank you for the tips!

15. Algene C.

I don’t have a child of my own yet.. But I will keep these in mind 🙂

16. lavandamichelle

My first daughter was a picky eater! It was a struggle for her to eat squash and corn. To this day she still hates it! Thanks for sharing. 🙂

Submit a Comment