My mother told me once she wanted her only daughter to take up ballet lessons. We cannot afford the tuition fee, though, thus that plan was put on hold until totally scrapped.
Now that I have kids of my own, my mom would want them to attend ballet lessons. Only that they aren’t interested. They prefer basketball or soccer. Perhaps because they are all boys.
In the Philippines, one of the most well-known ballet schools is The Halili-Cruz School of Ballet. The school has successfully represented the Philippines in different international festivals and competitions such as in Australia, Hong Kong, Japan, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, China, Brunei, South Korea, Russia, England and the USA. Also, it holds the title “Most Outstanding Ballet School in Asia” from 2000 to the present.
Founded by multi-awarded Artistic Director Shirly Halili-Cruz, The Halili-Cruz School of Ballet has garnered more than 300 national and international awards and prizes, among them, are:
- Hall of Fame, Aliw Award as Best Classical Dance Company in the Philippines
- 8- time Ani ng Dangal Awardee for its international achievements
- People’s Choice as the Most Outstanding Performing Group
- Grand Prize Winner in the Asia Pacific Dance Competition in Thailand, Singapore, Hong Kong and the Philippines
- Grand Prize Winner in the 21st Century International Dance and Arts Festival and Competition in Genting Highlands, Malaysia
- First Prize in the Dance Excellence in Los Angeles, California, USA
- Global Excellence Award in Bangkok, Thailand
- Best Performance in classical and contemporary dance in the Bauhinia Cup International Dance Competition in Hongkong
- Global Pinoy Award
Becoming a ballet dancer requires years of training. Ballet has been taught in various schools around the world, which have historically incorporated their own cultures to evolve the art. It originated in the Italian Renaissance courts of the 15th century and later developed into a concert dance form in France and Russia. It has been globally influential and has defined the foundational strategies used in many other dance genres.
So for parents wanting their kids to learn ballet, you may check The Halili-Cruz School of Ballet. For more than 30 years and with the many recognitions under its name, surely The Halili-Cruz School of Ballet speaks and moves only of excellence and passion. Contact TAG Media and Public Relations at 09166299381 or email@example.com for more details.