My husband and two of his friends checked in at Hotel Sogo. They need a place to sleep and freshen up after setting up for a company event scheduled the following day.
I questioned his decision and reminded him that some hotels carry a certain stigma as most couples come there for a romantic rendezvous. He dismissed the thought and reasoned out that aside from the hotel’s accessibility and affordable service, what made him and his friends decide to choose Hotel Sogo are:
1. The rooms are clean and they come with comfortable beds to sleep. Pillows are real fluffy and comfortable, too. Hotel Sogo provides standard or non-themed rooms for travelers or backpackers. Also, husband explained to me that they got a room with two bedrooms, dismissing the thought that Hotel Sogo has one-bedroom rooms only.
2. The furnishings are complete, decent and hotel-grade. The room comes with free WIFI access, cable TV with in-house movie channel, digital music system, good air-conditioning unit, coffee table, mini-bar, and phone.
3. The toiletries are complete. They are even provided with towels and slippers. The toilet and bath are clean, complete with hot and cold shower
4. Hotel staff is courteous. They respond to needs and wants quickly and politely. They could even get you a cab should you request for one.
5. Food is appetizing and sumptuous. Hotel Sogo’s 24-hour food and beverage service is among the hotel’s most popular services.
As for value, guests could check in anytime. They need not wait for the usual 2pm check in. And they will only pay for the time of their stay, a lot cheaper than paying for an overnight fee in a regular hotel.
Learning this, it is good news then that Hotel Sogo reinvents its brand, making it conducive to barkada or even family to simply bond and relax. Even business travelers may find Hotel Sogo the perfect place to take a nap or stay for a few hours while waiting for their flight back home. This move of Hotel Sogo supports its Go! Go! Sogo promo, encouraging barkadas, couples, and even families to patronize the hotel for bonding, relaxation, group study, and for all types of celebrations.
Very timely as well that I got an invite and attended the Media Appreciation Party hosted by Hotel Sogo.
I was able to learn that though image seems to be all that matters to most, still others are investing to what truly matters even if their image is tainted with biases and stigma.
And one company among those others is Hotel Sogo.
For Hotel Sogo, beyond satisfying customers, they go the extra mile to give a little something back to the community. Hotel Sogo extends help through its Doctors on Wheels (DOW) Program by providing free medical consultations and medications to under-served communities throughout the country.
The DOW is a mobile medical bus fully equipped and furnished with examining paraphernalia and beddings. Volunteered doctors, social workers, nurses, pharmacists, and Hotel Sogo personnel are onboard the DOW bus. Since the inception of DOW in 2015, about 3000 indigent residents have already benefitted from the program.
Also, Hotel Sogo is set to launch this May its first ever Digital Film Contest for amateurs and professional film makers. The contest aims to help individuals convey their creativity and imagination through digital film. Three entries will be considered as winners and will be receiving P100,000 (1st place), P70,000 (2nd place), and P50,000 (3rd place).
For further details regarding the Digital Film contest and other Hotel Sogo promos and events, visit www.hotelsogo.com. They also are very much active and present on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.