Everybody wants to partake in a delicious Christmas feast but not everyone wants to be in charge of its preparation. Whipping up several special dishes at once can be messy, tiring, and time-consuming. Indeed, those who emerge smiling and in single-piece from the kitchen after a day-long battle deserve all the salute in this world.
This Christmas, let GLAD help with your holiday dinner preparations with two easy-to-follow recipes. First is Madman Meatloaf, which can be your main entrée for your family Noche Buena or as part of a large feast, followed by a delightful dessert recipe called Chunky-Cherry Walnut Fudge — a surefire hit for both adults and kids.
With the right kitchen aids, preparing these simple but delectable recipes would definitely be a breeze. That is why GLAD products are always on hand to make your kitchen-time easier so you can spend more time for other Holiday tasks. GLAD Non-Stick Aluminum Foil has a special coating on one side to make grilling, baking and roasting a joy because it prevents food from sticking to the foil. GLAD Cook ‘n Bake paper also has a special non-stick coating which makes baking so much easier with no need to add fats or oil — so lesser mess plus no waxy taste.
Try doing any of these recipes at home and make your loved ones’ Christmas merrier by sharing with them extra special meal treats that you yourself made.
500 gms ground pork
500 gms ground beef
½ cup chopped carrots
½ cup chopped green bell pepper
½ cup chopped red bell pepper
2/3 cup chopped mushrooms
1 tbsp minced garlic
2/3 cup minced onions
250 gms chopped ham
100 gms chopped pepperoni
100 gms chopped bacon
½ cup dried cranberries
100 gms diced cheese
½ tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
½ tsp chili powder
½ tsp dried rosemary
½ tsp dried sage
1 tbsp salt
1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
1 tbsp Tabasco
1/8 tsp pepper
2 egg yolks
2 tbsp flour
1. Pre-heat oven to 350oF.
2. Place all ingredients in a large GLAD FREEZER ZIPPER BAG.
3. Seal and massage ingredients to blend well.
4. Place mixture in a GLAD OVENWARE 9 x 12.
5. Cover with GLAD NON-STICK ALUMINUM FOIL.
6. Bake for 35 minutes.
7. Remove foil and bake for another 15 minutes.
8. Let cool before slicing.
¾ cup butter
1 ½ cups sugar
¾ cup cocoa powder
½ tsp salt
1 cup all-purpose flour
½ cup chopped dark chocolate
1 cup maraschino cherries, quartered
½ cup chopped walnuts
1. Pre-heat oven to 325oF.
2. Line an 8”x 8” brownie pan with GLAD COOK ‘n’ BAKE.
3. Melt margarine over medium heat in a saucepan.
4. Add in cocoa powder and sugar and cook until cocoa powder is dissolved.
5. Remove from heat and whisk in eggs, salt, and flour until well blended.
6. Fold in half of cherries, chocolate and nuts.
7. Pour into prepared pan.
8. Top with remaining add-ons and bake for 45 minutes.
9. Let cool and chill before slicing.
There you go. Hope you be able to try any of the two or both. They are not for Christmas dinner alone but are perfect as well as baon for your school kids.
How about you, any easy-to-follow recipe to share? Would love to try them, too.